Setting up Your Home Gym? Shop Our Barbells in Melbourne
If you are in the market for new barbells in Melbourne, look no further than Rug & Rig. We design, manufacture and ship some of the highest quality exercise equipment you will find in Australia. Our goal is to help fitness enthusiasts in and around Melbourne take their workouts to the next level with better equipment that they can use at home. COVID-19 has shown the importance of not always relying on gyms or fitness clubs for your day-to-day fitness regimen; we make it easy to take matters into your own hands (literally!) with barbells for the home.
The Benefits of Lifting Barbells
When buying weights for your home gym, you might be wondering whether it makes more sense to buy barbells, dumbbells, or other options such as kettleballs. The good news? At Rug & Rig, we carry all of the above. We often encourage customers to buy a nice variety of weights to keep their workout routines diverse (and their overall fitness and muscle strength well-rounded). If you’re specifically wondering about the benefits of barbells, though, here are a few reasons that these types of weights tend to be extremely popular:
- They offer a well-rounded workout. Having a set of home barbells is a good option in part because of the well-rounded workout that barbells can offer. A barbell with the right weight plates can give you four different exercises—bench press, squat, overhead press and deadlift—that work multiple muscle groups without requiring you to switch equipment.
- They are affordable. Many of our customers order barbells first because they offer such a high value. It’s wonderful to have a fully-appointed home gym with all the exercise machines you might find at your favourite fitness club. If you’re shopping on a budget, though—at least to start—then it’s tough to beat barbells. A barbell setup is affordable and gives you a full array of workout possibilities without costing you an arm and a leg.
- They are compact. The other drawback to racks and benches for some customers is space. Fitting a full home gym into a one-bedroom apartment or a full family home isn’t always easy. When you go the barbell route, you have a more compact and easy-to-store option for your home gym—perfect for fitness enthusiasts who don’t have a lot of spare room at their disposal.
While we make it easy to shop for barbells in Melbourne, we also love helping our customers build comprehensive at-home gym setups from the ground up. Check out our bundles page to see how we can get you all the equipment your heart could desire for a discounted rate.
What You Can Expect from Rug & Rig When You Order Barbells Online
When you buy barbells online from us, we want you to have full confidence that you are getting high-quality equipment and working with a company that cares about delivering a highly satisfactory service. Here are a few of the above-and-beyond steps you can expect us to take, all in the name of helping you along your fitness journey:
- We’ll work with you to find what you need. Especially if you are ordering barbells for the first time—and especially if you are shopping for barbells online—it can be difficult to know that you are getting everything you need. Beyond the bar itself, you’ll need weight plates, a weight bench, and a squat rack. We carry each of these items and work with you to put together a setup that meets all your needs.
- We’ll stand behind all our equipment. When it comes to barbells, squat racks, benches or other weightlifting equipment, quality is vital for many reasons. Not only can a flimsy quality build leave you spending to replace your equipment after a short period, but it also could put your safety in jeopardy. We strive to deliver the highest quality equipment possible so that you can focus on your workouts without worry or reservation. To this point, we stand behind everything we sell with a one-year manufacturer’s warranty.
- We’ll deliver anywhere in Australia. Though we market Melbourne barbells, we know that fitness enthusiasts throughout Australia need access to high-quality equipment through a user-friendly online shopping channel. We are proud to say that we are now equipped to deliver our gear to all Australian states.
It is extremely important for us to build trust and give customers a reason to buy from us again in the future. Whether you are taking your first step towards building your in-home gym or expanding your setup to include a new type of equipment, you can count on us to go the extra mile to make sure you have a terrific customer experience. And when we say, ‘customer experience,’ we mean the full experience, from your first visit to our website to every single workout that sees you using our equipment.
About Rug & Rig
Rug & Rig got its start in 2020 for the same reason that many people started new projects in 2020: we had downtime because of COVID-19 and wanted to put it towards a good, productive use. As fitness enthusiasts ourselves, with a deep passion for weightlifting, we thought it would be prudent to serve all the people who were suddenly looking to set up home gyms, in the wake of fitness club closures all over Australia. When folks went to order barbells online, we wanted them to have a reliable, friendly, communicative Australia-based business they could trust to provide what they needed.
Fast forward to now, and we can’t imagine not having this business. Our brand combines many of the things we love—exercise and fitness, quality weight gear, getting to work with people to change their lives for the better—under a single (virtual) tent. So, if you are on the hunt for barbells in Melbourne—or anywhere else in Australia, for that matter—we hope you’ll choose to put your faith in us. Contact us today to get started.